Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bedroom Makeover

Have you heard the phrase "It gets worse before it gets better"? A water leak prompted us to move up our bedroom re-do to the top of the list.  A blessing in disguise? I would say so. 


I hate picking paint colors. You can pull together the most beautiful fabrics and finishes but if the basics, like paint, are not right it can throw off the whole look of a room. Like you missed the mark. Not a good thing. After testing six Benjamin Moore paints, I actually decided to go with "Latte" from Restoration Hardware.  It was actually the first paint sample I put up on the wall.  I always tend to circle back to my first choice. And it drives Mr. B crazy (sorry!). I guess I like to see all my options before making a selection so I have no regrets.  

Carpet selected. Check. Paint selected. Check. Next up are fabrics. I decided to go with a rather monochromatic look and here is a sampling of some of the fabrics I considered.  Not all of these will be used.  And there are a few not included here. You will have to stay tuned to see which were selected and which didn't make the cut.



No comments: