Monday, January 3, 2011

Using On-line Interior Design Services

I really can't go any further posting about my bedroom design without saying thanks to Katie of Katie Denham Interiors. Katie has a delightful blog called Katiedid and offers KD Space, an on-line interior design service.  If you are in the Sacramento area she also provides traditional design services.

You must know that early last year I solicited KD Space for my bedroom re-do. I gave Katie a few requirements:
(1) Work around a fabric I love (shown on the drawings as no. 13).
(2) Incorporate lots of storage.
(3) Provide options for a non-upholstered bed.
Katie put 2 designs schemes together for my bedroom.  Although I love each of the 2 options she presented me with you'll notice as the room comes together that I am using her designs as inspiration. That's what I love about using an on-line design service. You can put your room together identically as the designer specified or use bits and pieces. You have tons of flexibility. Now a days, there are many designers offering similar services but Katie was a pleasure to work with. She was quick to respond and her fee was very affordable. Most importantly, I love her creativity. If you ever have considered using an on-line design service I would highly recommend it. Working with a designer is a collaborative effort. They can help you put together a cohesive design and prevent you from making some costly mistakes.
 
Option 1:


Option 2:

Floorplans and Elevations:
Inspiration boards and drawings by Katie Denham Interiors.

3 comments:

katiedid said...

Hello Mrs. B!
Thanks so much for all of your very kind comments! It certainly helps to have a great client like you to work with! I am looking forward to seeing how your room turns out and will be following the progress.

Warm regards!
Katie Denham

Dining and Decor said...

Hi Katie,
Oh, I am blushing!
I'm glad you stopped by.
All the best to you.

Rashon Carraway said...

What great ideas. She did an amazing job.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting