Thursday, June 16, 2011

Retail Therapy

As you can imagine from my previous post, to say that I am stressed is an understatement.  So after leaving my daily visit to the hospital this evening, I stopped off to grab some Chipotle take-out for dinner and headed into the HomeGoods store across the parking lot for a little retail therapy. It was well worth the trip because I scored a fabulous Ralph Lauren tufted ottoman from the Avalon Collection.  I am giddy with excitement. It retails for $879; I paid $299.  I have a perfect place for it in the living room which is the next room I will be working on after I finish the bedroom. I have a plan for it already in place!


I obviously wasn't planning on buying any furniture tonight so I kept my fingers crossed hoping that the darn thing would fit in the front seat of my BMW.  It barely fit.  If it were one inch larger, I probably would have had to tie it to the roof of the car! The pictures look pathetic, I know, but I had to use my camera phone.


On the Ralph Lauren website the Avalon Cocktail Ottoman is shown in two colors: the soft blue/grey (which I purchased) and a beautiful sunflower yellow.


1 comment:

Sandy Bretz said...

Your tufted ottoman is gorgeous!! Now all you need are two greyhounds to fit on your HomeGoods score!! That is if they fit in your BMW? Hehehe...