Thursday, August 19, 2010

Remembering Venice

A few months back I took a trip to Venice, Italy.  I stayed in a great central location at the Starhotels Splendid Venice which is just a 5 minute walk from St. Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge.  I had a beautiful room overlooking the intersection of 2 small canals.   The location could not be beat.  I have stayed with this chain before so I knew I would not be disappointed with their Venice location.  And even though it is a chain hotel the design of each is unique to their location.

It is not unlike me to take pictures of the hotels I have stayed in.  I take pictures of everything.  I managed to take a few not so good pictures of my room and the view but forgot the public areas of the building.  As I sit here dreaming of Italy, I cannot forget the wonderful place I called home for 6 days.

Photos via Starhotels Splendid Venice.

The main dining room is a focal point of the hotel.  The glass ceiling lets in wonderful light during the day.

There is a small bar and  lounge off the entrance. I love the juxtaposition of the wicker chairs in a contemporary  setting.  It provides the space with a more relaxed feel.

A secondary dining room with views of a small canal.


The main lounge is a comfortable spot to mingle with friends and have a drink. I adore the colors of the room.

Sit back and relax....stay a while.

No comments: