Monday, October 4, 2010

Kitchen Design

Mr. B and I are in the process of redesigning our home. It is a slow process and we'll be taking one room at time. I haven't thought much about the kitchen until recently. And the one thing Mr. B and I have agreed on loving is a white kitchen. A contrast from what we have now: black cabinetry.  Black cabinetry is so in vogue now but we need a change. To mix it up, if you will.  Plus white looks so clean, sophisticated and timeless. I envision white cabinetry, dark grey paint, white marble countertops and a white marble backsplash in a herringbone pattern.  I was giddy with joy when I saw Cabinet Designer Christopher Peacock's own kitchen. His reality is my dream!


The kitchen below is another one of my favorites by Connecticut Interior Designer Lee Ann Thornton. I have been an admirer of her designs for a long time and I love her attention to detail.  Lee Ann use to live in Los Angeles where she designed children's rooms before moving back East where she opened her design firm in 2003.  I sure wish she was still in Los Angeles because I would love to collaborate with her on a new kitchen!


Photographs by John Bessler for Traditional Home Magazine and Lee Ann Thornton

No comments: