Monday, September 20, 2010

A Life of Style with Rebecca Moses

Fashion designer Rebecca Moses has come back to the United States after spending many years in Italy. Her return is marked with the release of  her first book "A Life of Style" and new collection for her fashion line Heart Soul Style.

I just received the new book entitled "A Life of Style" when lo and behold the October issue of House Beautiful arrived on my doorstep.  Talk about perfect timing!  House Beautiful did a wonderful 4 page spread featuring the new book.  If I had not already seen the book the magazine article alone would have made me run out to buy it.

Each page of A Life of Style is wonderfully illustrated with Rebecca's own whimsical watercolors featuring topics such as fashion, home, and entertaining.  The book is light-hearted but is meant to inspire.  Rebecca takes you on a voyage of her own style journey while encouraging you to find your own. 


In the chapter entitled "What Defines a Home" Rebecca Moses states:
"Some people say home is where the heart is.  I say home is where there is heart, soul, and style."

Rebecca asks the question, "Are you a Desk-Setter?" and identifies the various types of writing spaces. I am not quite sure if I fall into any of these categories. Maybe you can figure it out for me. Hmmmm....sounds like a hint to an upcoming post, perhaps?


Rebecca Moses incorporated a fairy tale backdrop featuring oversized books and her fanciful drawings at Fashion Week in New York last week.  This marks the debut of her Spring 2011 ready to wear line. 



I love the look of the Fall 2010 advertising campaign.



The Heart Soul Style home collection.


Book photos via HSN and Mrs. B; Fashion Week photos via WWD; Advertisements and tabletop photos via Rebecca Moses twitter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book looks great! I'm adding it to my Christmas list :)