Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer BBQ with Brooks Brothers

Mr. B and I went to South Coast Plaza this afternoon. If you aren't familiar with this mall let me put it to you this way...it is considered by many to be the Rodeo Drive of Orange County, California.  Yes,  Rodeo Drive as in Beverly Hills.  And yes, the same O.C. as in the Real Housewives of Orange County fame (or whatever you want to call it).  We walked past the Brooks Brothers store but I stopped dead in my tracks and realized I must go back. The summer BBQ window display at Brooks Brothers caught my attention. I am a sucker for a great display. Retailers love me....

So this is funny...after taking several pictures I was approached by a mall security guard who informed me that "pictures in the public areas are not allowed". For crying out loud...we are in a mall not a museum with national treasures. But I respect the mall rules and I politely turned my camera off and walked away. Plus, we were hungry and it was time for lunch.

Sorry for the glare in the pictures but shooting pictures in mall is sometimes tricky with different light sources.

The artwork is what first caught my eye.  I was secretly wanting to take home the crab painting to hang him (maybe a her?) in the lovely Cape Cod cottage I would so love to have.  Cliche, yes, but who cares. Maybe someday...
I love how the window designers incorporated the Brooks Brothers logo and the company's trademark seersucker fabric into the throw pillow design.  
The faux food and drink are amusing. 


The vintage Woodland Jug is a nice touch to help add a bit of authenticity to the display. 

4 comments:

jenn from midlife modern said...

The crab art is adorable!

Sandy Bretz said...

Makes me want to throw a crab fest!!!!! Adorable!!

Dining and Decor said...

Jen - Yes, I love the crab!

Sandy - You should so throw a crab fest! I would be the first in line!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. B and Sandy, I was thinking we should have a BBQ to celebrate summer!! I vote for Sandy's crab fest!! And too funny that Mrs. B was stopped by mall security!